Friday, May 18, 2007

6 MONTHS AND.... still counting

We have just passed our official 6 Month LID anniversary. For you outsiders regarding the lingo, that means we have had our application logged in with the CCAA for 6 months now. Dare I say... we are halfway there? Only time will tell.
When we started this process, we were told the wait would be about 6 months until we got our referral. Then a month and half into the wait, we were told it would be a year from LID to referral. So who knows how long this wait will actually stretch out to be???
I just have to say if the original prediction of 6 months were true, I would be up a creek without a paddle. (See photos of my jobsite under the Alabama Derby post - yikes!) I still feel like I am headed upstream and that paddle is just within reach. So, I am about to take hold of that paddle and shoot the rapids in a mad rush to "get ready." Anyone that gets in my way better be wearing their life preserver...cuz momma's gotta nest. And boy, does that nest need some major re-nesting. Pics to follow soon.
Of course, if our referral fell out of the sky tomorrow, I would drop everything to attend to that and be overcome with pure joy and sheer bliss but since that is highly unlikely I am working like a dog until that referral arrives. And, speaking of working like a dog... Mok is the hardest working dog of all. He is putting in about 80 hours a week. Aaaaah, the life and times of a FOGA architect.
SO, HAPPY 6 MONTH LID ANNIVERSARY TO US!!!

1 comment:

chad-roscoe said...

6 months is a big accomplishment!
Should we dim sum celebrate when Mok has a free moment?
Can't wait 'till the SIX of us can go to dim sum 'ol chum.
xx~