Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY



Happy Mother's Day to my mother, my mother-in-law, my sisters (Chavigny and Jamie), my friend (Dianne, who is a mother-to-be), and to all the other mothers waiting for their babies from China. I received my first Mother's Day cards and Mother's Day presents this year since I am a mother-to-be, also. Chavigny (my sister) gave me a "mother-to-be" card that was spoken like a true experienced mommy and 6 stainless steel egg cups. How sweet of Chavigny to think of me.



And, a "secret pal" sent me a big package of surprises and a card. I, of course, knew it was Dianne. What a great surprise! The red onsie says Lil' Fire Cracker and was wrapped in glitterama tissue stamped with, "going 2b just like my mommy." How cute is that?! She also gave me the Best Friends For Frances book, a "boo boo bubba" cold pack for my doggies, a sandwich cutter, a "mommy's little girl" bib, toddler toothpaste and gum brush all wrapped in colorful tissue with ladybug stickers and a secret pal card. Dianne is da' bomb!!! I love all the unexpected goodies!!!




So, this past week I sent my mother an orchid arrangememt in a silver vase. BUT...the big gift for Mother / touching news of the day... we decided to finally tell Mother that we are naming the baby-to-be after her mother (who we girls called Nana). So it's official. Baby-to-be has a name. She is Maxine. And, I thought it an appropriate Mother's Day gift for her since she lost her mother (Maxine) 20 years ago today. I know Nana and Papa Fred would be honored. And, we hope to have our Maxine (formerly known as Baby-to-be & POD) home with us at least by the next Mother's Day. Fingers crossed that will happen.

1 comment:

chad-roscoe said...

Why POD? I am so curious!
Well, mama 2B, you have made my life very special, just like you will make Maxine's, so I had to send some love your way for your last 2B mama's day.
xx~
Wo ai ni chick!